SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Warning!Has anyone ever tried the MG soil for citrus?

meyermike_1micha
16 years ago

Unbeleivable,

Has anyone ever tried that MG Citrus and Palm potting soil sold at Home Depot?

I did an experiment.. I bought their new Orchid mix, the Citrus and Palm soil, and their Cactus mix..

I put each soil in 3 seperate clay pots 6 inches wide.

Do you know that after a 1/2 hour, I wanted to see how much water was still in each. I grabbed a handful of the Citrus one and sqeezed it, you wouldn't beleive all the water that still rung out. Like a sponge sopping wet!! What is the company talking about? Maybe this is good for those who live in Arizona on 100 degree days..Lol Even the cactus one was still very wet. The Orchid one had dry spots and wet spots. I will never use any of these for my trees. Another testimony that Al's formula mixes are best. I wish I could just by one that drains as well and is only moist after a 1/2, that would be easy, but I guess not..lol Al, when are you going to start mass producing your soil..LOL

Go to home depot and try it out before you even think of sticking any of your trees in this stuff.

Try it out, I kid you not. Even my friends were suprised to see how wet soils can stay even when they say they are for plants that don't like to stay wet.. If you want to kill your Citrus and Palms fast, buy the bag of MG that says their soil is for Citrus and Palms...Right!!

Thought I would spare some pain for those of you not to sure of what to plant your beloved babies into.:-)

Mike

Comment (1)