SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden1701

coffee grounds

garden1701
18 years ago

I am notorious for killing plants, both before and after I plant them. So this year, I made an agreement with myself. After the plants came home with me, I would install the container drip system and have them planted within 2-3 days. No constant rearranging - would this one look better over there - until they're all shriveled up. Mission accomplished:) Drip system functional:) Plants nicely arranged and planted in containers:) Now I'm worrying about the poor things. I used last years potting soil, stirring it up and watering it good first (I didn't want to make my new plants sit in the blazing TX sun - already approaching 90 out there - while I made another trip for more potting soil). So now for my question. Do I need to add some sort of fertilizer? Will sprinkling coffee grounds in and mixing lightly with top layer of the soil help compensate for using last years soil? Or should I just cross my fingers and hope for the best? I'm not so worried about the drainage as the possible lack of essential lack of nutrients.

Comments (3)