SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto2_gw

question about miracle grow moisture control

mommyto2
16 years ago

OK, so I'm on my second bag of MG moisture control, but this is my first year using it, I usually use the regular MG. My question is, is it supposed to stay dry like it mine is? I have potted several things with the first bag, and I've got to say that even after I soaked them from the bottom for at least 1 hour, they're still just as light as they were when I started, and when I water them from the top, the water just runs right through.

So today, I decided to repot almost everything I potted before(and only the top inch and bottom inch were wet, after 1 hour of soaking), but this time I added about 30% mushroom compost to it and mixed it in. Now when I water them, they seem to be retaining water just fine. I'm very frustrated, because I paid more money for the moisture control than the regular, and my plants seem to be bone dry. I moved some seedlings into 4 inch pots using the first bag, but now I'm worried that they're going to die from lack of moisture. I would be soooooo upset if that happened since they are some of the plants I've been wanting for a long time, but I don't want to repot them becuase they're at lease 100 of them and it would take a long time.

So now the question is, is this potting soil supposed to be this dry or I'm I just being paranoid (which I can be when it comes to my babies). Thanks for any advice!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County