SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aka_peggy

And I thought it was gonna be a smooth ride

aka_peggy
15 years ago

I've been having a wonderful summer. Great weather. Just the right amount of rainfall. No significant bugs to speak of. Life is good.

I've been coming to this site for almost 10 years now and in that time I've gotten to know some remarkable people. I've learned more from the folks here than I ever would have dreamed possible.

So I've decided to let my friends here know that I'm fighting a new "bug" these days. I was diagnosed with brain cancer less than one month ago. I've since had surgery and I've been home for 2 weeks. I'll spare you the details but my recovery has been amazing and I was home in 2 days. (I insisted) FWIW, The cancer is an astrocytoma. Needless to say, I'm in treatment and will be for the rest of my life. I'm a young 59 yo and I wasn't on any meds whatsoever until 3 wks ago. Just living well and enjoying life.

We're taking it one day at a time. I have a wonderful support system. My family, friends and neighbors are THE BEST. I don't need for anything and I'm not looking for sympathy. In fact, I'm doing great at this time. I feel very positive and intend to fight this with everything I've got!

My garden is coming along nicely this summer and I'll soon be enjoying the fruits of my labor. And if the bugs give me a little slack I'll have even more fruits to labor over. So far, so good. I have about 23 tomatoes and about the same amount of peppers. I have corn, greens, beans, okra, cukes, more beans, melons, berries galore, onions, garlic, apples, asian pears, cherries, figs, grapes and more. I'll post some pics later.

Thanks for the ear. Positive thoughts are welcome!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath