SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rkgibbs

What's the smallest container you tried growing a plant in?

14 years ago

I am thinking of designing my own hydro system this summer, but in the mean time, I have decided to experiment with growing plants in smaller than normal size containers. I understand that you have to be careful when growing plants otherwise you won't get as beautiful as flowers or a fruitful plant, but I thought it'd be fun to try.

Right now I am experimenting with pea and bean plants. I still have decided on the containers but I will be trying various sizes for each type of pea & bean I want to grow so I can compare them.

My main purpose in this is that I want to grow veggies indoors in the winter so I can have fresh veggies all year round, but with having a little house, I don't have a lot of room for pots everywhere, so I figure if I experiment all year long, then by next winter, I will know just how small I can go on the containers and can then plan what to grow and where to grow it in the house.

Have any of you grown certain plants in smaller than normal containers? What did you grow and what did you grow it in? And how did it turn out?

Comments (7)