SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dinajean_gw

Creeped out - please advise!!!

dinajean(SCzone7b)
14 years ago

I am not generally a superstitious person, or believe in too much far out stuff, but here is my story.

We have had the old homeplace for 5 years now, and I keep finding new flowers, plants, etc, that the dear hubby has not gotten with the weedeater yet. I dug some small bulbs the other day that were planted in an old shady bed. The leaves looked interesting, and not like a weed, so I figured they were something.

Brung them to work and got an ID - lily of the valley - cool!

Anyways, last night, I went to bed early due to the rain, although I was not tired, so I found a book my friend had given me a while back called PASS ALONG PLANTS. All about old-timey plants we all trade amongst each other.

Where my bookmark was, I turned to the next page and there was Lily of the Valley. How coincidental!!!

In the book, it says there is an old folklore that says if you transplant a lily of the valley, you will die within a year.

So....Should I go put these lily of the valleys back in the bed I found them.

I know it sounds VERY SILLY, but it is a little creepy, too....how I found the plant, dug 'em up, found the book, and opened to that page.

Comments?????

Comments (19)