SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Shout out to Granite Pro's! Please advise

User
15 years ago

Hi, I know I should probably post this in the bathroom forum, but only really see responses from the granite folks over here. Hope that's ok.

We've gutted our master bathroom and while looking for a large remnant for our counter top, we found and fell in love with a granite slab they called Golden Shore. Since the counters will be 8x2 feet, the store owner would only sell it to us as a 1/2 slab. It's still on hold, but fast forward to now. We want to have a bench & 2 shelves in the shower, and additionally we need a solid base for the threshold of the shower curb. Bill & Mongo suggested (since I hate travertine & marble) to have one fabricated out of slate or soapstone. My thinking is, we're paying for a 1/2 slab so the part we're not using is still ours, maybe I can get them to fabricate these things for us with the remnants that we've already paid for. I'm just wondering if I'm correct to assume this is reasonable and if you can give me a price range of what I can reasonably expect to pay for the fabrication. I realize it varies depending on the region, we're in Michigan, which price wise is comparable with California. Any input would be of great help, thanks in advance!

Comments (7)