SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bms05c

Something terrible is happening to my ficus...please help!

bms05c
17 years ago

Okay, before I begin to explain the situation that has risen in the last two days, i'll explain the conditions of my tree..

The tree is a ficus salicifolia. I live in Tallahassee Florida and recently went home more south to Sebastian for one week. The weather has been fairly constant temperature wise in the 60's-70's until recently spiking to the 80's.

So up until two days ago everything was fine with my tree. I dont really know what went wrong and the only thing different that happened was that my mother accidently watered my tree with a little mixture which contained miracle grow. I dont know if this is the cause, but my tree now has leaves which are shriveling up, coming in dark and withered and the leaves consistancy are weak (like they seem to be drooping and fall of easily). I've plucked away most of the leaves either on accident since they are so frail or because they were turning brownish. I dont know if this means my tree is dead, dying, or just going through some hard times. Could this be because of the miracle grow, temperature change or possibly over/under watering (note, i dont think I have done either of the latter, but I assume it could be a possibility)? I need some expert advice soon, because this tree means ALOT to me!!! Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions