SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcmoore99

something bad happening...help!

lcmoore99
14 years ago

You may have read about my problems between the the titmice and the bluebirds wanting the same box.

Mama Blue is about done with the nest. Yesterday the titmouse went in and out of the nest and each time it did, it worked on "its" nest cup.

Today I didn't see any titmice in the box until about 3pm. Mama worked all day bringing in the last materials for the nest cup (feathers and such). About 3pm, the titmouse went into the box with Daddy Bluebird right behind. He trapped the titmouse for 6 minutes and, at one point, he went into the box WITH the titmouse and I thought they were going to kill each other! I chased the titmouse away.

Just a few minutes ago, the titmouse was back in the box so I chased it away again, I didn't want a repeat performance.

And right after I did that, it was back in the box!!! What is going on???

I am afraid there is going to be a battle to the death!!!! Why do I always get the psycho birds?? (refer to psycho howr a few years ago).

Any suggestions?

By the way, if any of you are considering having a video camera in your nest box(es), think twice. I know this is going on because I have a camera in there. I haven't been able to get anything else done and I'm a nervous wreck.

I wasn't going to do this again this year...

Linda...

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor