SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_917152767

Upgrading tub from a shallow surround to a soaking tub. Recs please

Liv Leigh
17 days ago

TLDR:

Have a Sterling fiberglass surround with a tub that is 11 inches deep from the center of the overflow. Want to replace it with something deeper that will last long term and having the hardest time finding something that's 60" x 30" (could stretch to 32 if I must) and has good reviews for longevity and is easy to clean. Many reviews seem to question the durability and I can't afford to risk installing something that won't last.

More details:

Bought this house a year ago in a VHCOL so we are still very house poor. Flooded 2 months ago and insurance denied it (AVOID STATE FARM LIKE THE PLAGUE!). Now we have to fix the plumbing AND redo the master bath on an extremely tight budget. BUT we want to live here happily for a long long time and part of that for me is taking daily baths because of my mobility issues. (No, a walk in bath or shower is not an option). Since we are being forced to invest in this repair right now, I at least want to try upgrade the bath so it's a bit deeper and more pleasant to use. This is all a huge and long-term investment for us and I can't afford to make the wrong decision but I am having the hardest time finding the right tub that will be deeper and durable over the long term.

Any input would be so greatly appreciated!

These are some tubs I'm considering:

Kohler Underscore

Jacuzzi Linea

Duravit Architec

But people say it is too narrow on the bottom.

KOHLER Devonshire 60 in. x 32 in

Signature Hardware Bradenton

American Standard Town Square
But it is not much deeper than my current tub and people say that water pools at the top edges

Maax Rubix

Also not much deeper than my current tub

Aqua Eden Modern

P.S. Attached a photo of my current situation

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH