SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter

Kitchen - So I took your advice but now have two more questions

beaglesdoitbetter
last month
last modified: last month

Some of you may remember my prior kitchen post and I was advised by all of you to not do all glass cabinets.

Well, since I switched to doing cabinets with Dutch Wood and driving them from PA to FL instead of using the FL cabinet maker, I was happier with the Dutch Wood door styles AND I was able to do my fridge and pantry cabinets the way I want rather than getting stuck with shelves since they couldn't make the fridge door bigger. So, I've decided to take your advice and put in several solid cabinets as you can see in the picture (Excuse the rough drawing, I did it quickly in photoshop).

I now have two more questions

1. Should the tall cabinet next to the window seat be blue. You can see where the other blue cabinets are based on the shading in the picture. I have this Big Chill blue range and I'm doing the dish rack cabinets and the built-in window seat cabinets in blue. The countertop on the island will also be blue. The rest of the kitchen will be white cabinets and the perimeter countertops are white.

But, the cabinet next to the window seat I'm torn on. I am leaning towards making it white because the glass cabinets should continue around the room? But I also think having all the breakfast area cabinets be blue would be a nice alternative. What do you think ? And if it should be blue, should the glass cabinet above it be blue as well even though it's sitting next to a white glass front cabinet?

2. I am putting in a charging drawer on the back of the island. The top drawer will have plugs inside to charge ipads, laptops, etc. I am debating making the top TWO drawers back there into one big drawer (but it would still look like 2 because Dutch Wood does an amazing job with false-fronts to make one big drawer look like two different ones). The downside is I lose a drawer, but the upside is I can charge bigger stuff in there like a dust buster? What would you do?

Comments (13)