SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pseudochef

Took a break to have my baby :) now back to my backsplash

pseudochef
10 years ago

The new baby was too excited to wait until the kitchen was finished :) I went into labor on Mother's Day and had her the next day! A week and half before I was expecting her to arrive but healthy and happy.

While I was busy with the baby last week they put in our granite counters, which we love! And finished painting most everything in the room (there's still some touch up to be done once the cabinets are all finished). Anyway, my kitchen guy brought over some tile samples for me to look at for my backsplash. Previously people had suggested some beautiful tiles from Walker Zanger, Pratt and Larson, and other nice places. Because I still can't get out to really shop I'd like some advice.

I love the subway tiles and he's suggesting a matte (as opposed to their glossy) Rittenhouse Square smaller subway tile in urban putty. He had suggested a glass mosaic over the cooktop with a small border around it but I'm not a huge fan of the small glass square tiles and my husband doesn't care for them either. I'm leaning towards doing something like this over the cooktop..

Traditional Kitchen by Oak Park Kitchen And Bath Fixtures Diskin Designs

I really like the herringbone pattern and think it would be classic and something I wouldn't get tired of. But on the other hand is it too boring? Now that you see all the colors and elements together any suggestions for over the cooktop?

Thanks!

Comments (14)