SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccoombs1

Oh my......my backsplash is going to be perfect!!

ccoombs1
15 years ago

I think picking my back splash tile was the hardest decision I had to make with this kitchen. My granite is Delicatus and is VERY busy, with cream, brown, black, gray and gold in it. So how on earth do you match that without competing? I selected tumbled travertine and a matching mosaic by Regio. The mosaic has two or 3 shades of travertine in it and also dark gray frosted glass (which is a match to the smokey quartz that is in my granite) and cream frosted glass squares in it. It's not done yet, but already I can tell I am going to love it. The first picture is what I got done on Saturday. The second picture is what I am putting right above the stainless shelf. The transition to diagonal mounting and square mounting will be a seam hidden behind the shelf so I think it will look ok. Now I just have to pick the grout color. Any suggestions?

Here's the funny part. There have been a few thread on here lately about people second guessing their decisions....including my own. You have no idea how many time I looked at this expensive non-returnable tile, feeling sick to my stomach that I made a mistake and I was going to hate this, even though I LOVED it when I picked it out! I was so afraid it wouldn't look right, too fancy, too plain, too whatever. And all that worry was for nothing because it is just the look I wanted. So I guess the moral of this story is don't second guess yourself because your instincts were probably right to begin with!

Cindy

Cindy

Comments (14)