SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_137985322

Advice on Fireclay hand painted tile layout

10 months ago

Hi! Doing a renovation of my kitchen and my big splurge is tile. I got this 6"x6" hand painted tile from Fireclay (Roundabout 4 in Gesso motif) and have the option of laying it out either offset or stacked. I am completely torn! Do you have an opinion?

Attached are some photos including some renderings Fireclay did for me with early elevation/CAD drawings of my kitchen, photos of the tile laid out on my floor and a photo of the tile in the stacked pattern from Instagram (unfortunately Fireclay doesn't have any photos of it installed offset to share).

I do like the 'vintage wallpaper' look of it stacked, it is much more refined and will bring the eye upward with my lower 8' ceilings but also think the offset is cool and more of a statement (and given I just spent a small fortune on tile...)

Other details to note: It is a 18'x8' galley kitchen that will have hardwood floors, Shaker cabinetry painted sage green on the bottom and white on top, white quartz countertops, a white farmhouse sink with matte black faucets, black cabinet hardware and white oak open shelving. Range and vent hood will also be a solid black. So sort of a simple, Scandi design that blends the vintage feel of my small, 1924 California bungalow with more modern elements.

Thank you in advance! Let me know if you need any more info and I look forward to you feedback/input/opinions!

Stacked:

Offset:

Comments (32)