How about that Penny??
7 months ago
last modified: 7 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
Related Discussions
Who Grows Penny Lane? How about Pele?
Comments (2)I grew Penny Lane in my garden in Victoria, it was disease free, always in bloom with lovely scent, long lasting blooms on the plant and in the vase, no spray, shiny foliage, pretty hips if I forgot to dead head, but it bloomed from spring to frost- what more can you ask? There is a reason it was voted England's favorite climbing rose. Haven't grown Pele so can't compare. Here is a link that might be useful: Penny Lane at HMF...See Morefound penny-penny from heaven poeam
Comments (1)Last year from Christmas I decopodged this poem and made a bank for my daughter out of a mason jar. Painted the jar, decopodged the poem, used kitty rub on's and tied a ribbon with tiny bells around the rim of the jar. I also cut a slit for the money to be dropped in. It turned out sooo cute!! :) Hope this is the one you were needing! Gail Pennies from Heaven I found a penny today, just laying on the ground, but it's not a just a penny, This little coin I've found. Found pennies come from heaven, That's what my Mama told me, She said angels toss them down, Oh, how I loved that story. She said when an angel misses you, They toss a penny down, Sometimes just to cheer you up, Make a smile out of your frown. So don't pass by that penny, When you're feeling blue, It may be a penny from heaven, That an angel's tossed to you...See More? about starting a penny bowling ball....
Comments (14)I have done many bowling balls using coins. There are several things that work for cleaning them up. The first thing I tried was....get this...the soft drink-COKE! (Needless to say...what it does to your insides!~) I just soaked them in a little bowl and it took off the black, but it took too long. Then I went to the grocery store and bought a brass cleaner. Worked MUCH better. Took off all the black and made them incredibly shiny. I grouted the ball with copper colored grout and sealed it with a masonary sealant so they stay shiny. Got so many comments on it as it is shiny and beautiful and shows up in the garden. One lady came to my house because she could see it from a distance and had to come see what it was! Becky...See MoreHow A Decorating Site Helped Me Without My Spending a Penny
Comments (16)I'm beginning again after having lost my previous post, who knows what I did. Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It always shores up my confidence when you all like what I've done, even when I'm sure in my own mind that it all looks good. d_gw, in one of the "before" pictures you're seeing the summer bedspread which I bought not too long ago, but after some time it got colder and I had to break out the winter quilt. I was too lazy to use the winter shams, however. I painted the yellow silk pillow with blue acrylic and rust colors to make it look less yellow. I'm no artist, but at least it blends in a little more. I'm showing a close-up of the dachshunds, which for some reason have feet that look like flippers. Hubby has no explanation; he's usually much better than that. I'm adding a picture of a beloved dog and cat who have passed on and a duck that's before my time, as were the dachshunds. Notice the "flippers", cannot explain those. Those are not doggie feet! Nellie, my beloved dog who I hope is waiting for me. Casey, my sweet and gentle cat, now long gone. A feathered friend. In all honesty, my husband's best works are oil paintings....See More
Related Stories

POWDER ROOMSPowder Room Patterns: 10 Pretty Looks With Penny Tiles
Make your powder room as pretty as a penny with these popular small tiles
Full Story
MATERIALS6 Spot-on Places to Use Penny Tiles
You’ll flip for these coin-shaped wall and floor tiles in bright colors, subtle neutrals and even clear glass
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSReinvent It: Penny for Your Thoughts on This Antiqued Table?
Let's take it from the top. Make over a routine table with pennies and antiquing for a unique new look
Full Story
PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
BATHROOM MAKEOVERSHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your Bathroom Remodel!
Did you recently redo your bath? Please tell us about your upgrade and what it took to get there
Full Story
FALL GARDENINGWhat Monarch Butterflies Taught Me About Garden Design
Thinking like a butterfly leads to fresh perspectives in the garden and in life
Full Story
MATERIALSInsulation Basics: What to Know About Spray Foam
Learn what exactly spray foam is, the pros and cons of using it and why you shouldn’t mess around with installation
Full Story
LIGHTINGWhat to Know About Switching to LED Lightbulbs
If you’ve been thinking about changing over to LEDs but aren't sure how to do it and which to buy, this story is for you
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Beautiful Things You Can Feel Good About Buying
Upcycled, ecofriendly or just made responsibly, these home accessories and furniture pieces will keep your conscience clear
Full Story



Ninapearl