Merry Christmas to Me!!!
9 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (92)
Related Discussions
Merry Christmas to me!
Comments (4)Hi Alice, I am sooo sorry to hear about your well head. I have lived that very same experience with our family property. The well head died & well went dry about 6 months after my Grandfather passed away (4 years ago) in the middle of summer, it was really stressful. The positive for you & your family is the piece of mind moving forward that your well is good to go. The guy that we dealt with (3rd generation family owned well company, since the 1920s) told me that a good quality well head should last 20-30 years with good water conditions/good well configuration. You will sleep good at night not worrying about your well, & you deserve that Big-Time for all that you do on this forum helping people. Keep us posted how the well pump change-out works out. Best of Luck to you....See MoreEbay media credenza find - Merry Christmas to me!
Comments (12)gschick, that's a fun link. Thanks! I am looking a lot at before/after painted pieces for inspiration. My garage is now half full of tables, nightstands and desks, etc., most under $20, all needing some love before we head south. This will be interesting since I have been more into wood refinishing in the past, but Florida seems to cry out for clean bright light colors. When I see a redone yellow or coral or turquoise or robin's egg piece, I think they are wonderful. I'll have to get over being timid and shake off the painting-wood-is-sacrilige mentality. I have time to think and pick colors, as we won't move for a year or two. The garage shop is shut down anyways for a couple months until spring. Way too cold out there to paint or finish anything!...See MoreMerry Christmas to me!!! Preliminary Induction range review.
Comments (9)Honestly? I was a bad TKO person and never saw the range in person before we bought it. I went solely on the web pics and specs. I had no interest in the freestanding model as I did not want the controls in back so barely glanced at it. On my range left/right there is TONS of room. So much so that I think they could have put a 5th burner there (though it would have been a bit tight). Front/back spacing is decent, too. It's possible that since the slide-in actually extends a bit more on the sides (it has about a 1/2" lip on either side) that the entire spacing is different. On the wattage specs it's possible that the specs are wrong (a typo). I have a few more threads here and on the appliances forum about my range. Just do a search on pbrisjar and induction and they should come up. Also if you go to my main photo album (linked below) you can see quite a few more pics of the range and other things. Here is a link that might be useful: My main album...See MoreMerry Christmas to me......
Comments (19)After 35 years of use I'm [finally] having to replace my boning and paring knives. They've been honed so much over the years that they've warn down to an unsafe width.I've elected to replace them with Henckels...which I'm picking up one at a time due to my frugal budget. The 4" paring knife arrived a couple of weeks ago and I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful piece it is. Susan...you'll love them. ;-) They're worth the extra $$$. Anne...See More- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months agolast modified: 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
- 9 months ago
Related Stories

CHRISTMASHomes Around the World Wish You a Merry Christmas
Share in the Yuletide cheer of homes sporting their holiday finest, from Amsterdam to the U.S. West Coast
Full Story
HOLIDAYSMerry Christmas From Homes on Houzz
Enjoy this look at homes decked out for the holidays, from all over the Houzz community
Full Story
TRADITIONAL HOMESMy Houzz: A Dark Cottage Gets Merry and Bright
The characterful details and period charm of an English farmhouse make it the perfect place to celebrate a traditional Christmas
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHave a Festive, Sun-Drenched White Christmas
If you live in a warm climate, you can still celebrate the holiday with dazzling decor. Here are 6 ways to make things merry and bright
Full Story
LIGHTINGEasy Sparkle: String Lights for Christmas and All Year
Enjoy the merry look of twinkling lights over desk, closet, shelf, mirror or table
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZA Very Merry Dining Table
Set a right jolly table with holiday plates, linens and decorations
Full Story0

DECORATING GUIDESNew Classics: Lumière Chandelier by Jean de Merry
With artfully arranged bristles that bring a daring edge to rooms and an interplay of light, this fixture can't help but be a focal point
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Merry and Bright!
20 colorful touches to add cheer to your home 365 days a year
Full Story0

HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Toys and Art Make Merry in a Texas Home
Lightheartedness and creativity abound in an artistic couple's midcentury home for their growing family
Full Story
HOLIDAYSInternational Traditions: Christmas at Home in Australia
Diving into pools and brandy-laced pudding with equal gusto, Australians keep on the sunny side at Christmastime
Full Story





chisue