SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

Maryotts Arrived!! Merry Christmas to me!!

Cindy zone 6a
14 years ago

Well, that's what it felt like!!!! I received Dress Blues (bogo), Lavender Heartthrob (bogo), Tennessee Afterglow, Then I received Extravagant as the special,

and they sent me Carnival in Brazil, Jordan Verhaert, and Mister Right!!! All the ones I asked for!!And of course a min. of 3 fans on all. The BOGO ones were

7+ fans.

I was ready for them and all are in after a few hours soaking.

Here are some planted in the 'connection bed', I have to lay the slate down, so the cats don't dig in the freshly dug ground, which they might do. I can remove the

slate after a week or so and everyone is happy. Cement Kitty is keeping watch. she won't dig. LOL.

Then I have been like a 'mad' woman, and tearing out Kwanso, more down by the lake, Now that the willow tree is down, this area gets lots of sun. I was thinking

about going down the bank, ( using the Rita method) but decided against it, the English Ivy is just too thick, decided I will just keep the ivy in check with a sharp

shovel,I'm not totally crazy, they let the lake level down in October and it would have worked to put some on the slope. Anyway, Now I have lots and lots of new room!!!! I only have Wineberry Candy, NOID reds, and Prairie Blues Eyes in here now. Heres the during pic

Here's the after, I dug up the daffodils, that were in there also and will replant them, mark spaces for DL, and spend the winter making my plans, won't plant

any DL until spring.

so these daffodils, were Professor Einstein, I looked up my invoice and I had only planted 50 bulbs, 5 years ago, when I dug them up, I had 341 bulbs,!!!!

They certainly are a good naturalizer. Here is a 3 1/2 gallon bucket of the bulbs. OK, so I don't have many blooms now, you gotta take pictures of something. Right?

Here is one DL Bloom, This is Aztec Headdress and it certainly put on a different face today, I'm thinking its cause of the cool nights we are having ( high 40s)

Here's BOWIE , watching me work in the garden. He always respects the plants, and doesn't lay on any> He is a good boy!!! Cindy

Comments (9)