USPS tracking… is it accurate?
last year
last modified: last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- last year
- last year
Related Discussions
USPS Vent
Comments (21)Fun; go to the post office 1st. Let them give you their opinion. You said that it was packed well & there wasn't much damage to the box. The $250 Barbie I got came with a slight ding on the box; opened the box & took photos as I opened it because I had a weird feeling; the box had a slice in it. I took it to post master who said there was no way the damage happened while inside that box. You do not need the receipt; the way it works is the shipper has to file the claim. I opted out because the seller was fairly new; I could have been out the barie & my money since post master said it would be tied up for a while & his opinion was that they would not pay for it. Do yourself a favor; take it all to your local post office & see what they say. Your seller may be trying to get his money back on a shipped damaged item. I don't know how it could have been broken with the way it was packed unless dropped from a great height. The outside box doesn't look particularly damaged so it wasn't run over with a truck, either....See MoreUSPS- Sunday Delivery?
Comments (10)Here in the outback of North Dakota I've had UPS actually leave packages inside the house, especially during bad weather and winter. They come in the side gate and mudroom door - visually the most logical entry from the driveway - and set them on top of the dryer. While the main floor bath was being rebuilt I had to shower in the basement. One day, mid-morning, I'm coming up the stairs to the mudroom/bedroom landing, all my past-middle-age plumpness wrapped in a b-i-g towel, grey hair standing on end, and dripping water everywhere. I step in the landing a split second before the UPS dude steps in the door. He sets two large boxes on the dryer, booms a "Good Morning!" and steps back outside as though shower-side deliveries are the most normal part of the day. While I was not upset - years in the military and often living in co-ed dorms or barracks with central showers quickly squelched any sqimishness I may have once had - I did start locking that door anytime I was downstairs. If I'm expecting packages now I leave a large trash bag on the porch. UPS folks will put the box in the bag and all is weather safe, secure, and non-shocking (for everyone involved, LOL). We don't have mailboxes at our homes here. The post office will not deliver any mail or letters to any street address. Every one in town has to have a P.O. Box. What gripes me is that even though there is no to-the-door mail delivery, we still have to pay rent for the post office box....See MoreUSPS Mail notifications
Comments (50)We signed up for this service a few days ago and it's working perfectly so far. Our first notice sent 2 early morning pics of 1 ele bill and 1 junk mail, both arrived later in the day as predicted. The next day there was no notice and we got no mail. This will help because our mailbox is on the street and the carrier will always stop his truck at the box but I cannot tell if he put anything in the box due to my viewing angle. Sometimes I go to the mailbox after he stops but it's empty, from now on I'll depend upon the sent pics (or none) to save me a trip to the mailbox....See MoreUSPS/Amazon shipping
Comments (43)I found: "There are 31,247 Postal Service-managed retail offices. This number does not include contract offices." And: Location Types are: Post Offices staffed with postal employees with window service hours; Collection Boxes; Contract Postal Units; gopost lockers; National Retailers; Self Service Kiosks; and Village Post Offices. Also: "The Postal Service owns 8,460 properties around the country." and "The Postal Service leased 22,986 properties in 2021." What's hard to find is okay, how many Just Plain Post Offices are there? How about googling how many counties are there, figuring every county has at least one Post Office: "As of 2020, there are currently 3,143 counties and county equivalents in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. If the 100 county equivalents in the U.S. territories are counted, then the total is 3,243 counties and county equivalents in the United States." So if every county has 10 "locations" defined as above, 10 x 3143 is close enough to 31,247 to be plausible. I'd google more but have an appointment this evening, and what good is it doing anyhow? People who hate, gonna hate; luckily that's not most of us....See More- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDES5 Ways DIY Remodels Get Derailed — and How to Deal
Keep your remodel on track by knowing the potential pitfalls ahead of time
Full Story
HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWSHow Houzz Pro Helps Remodelers Turn More Leads Into Jobs
Effectively track, manage and communicate with leads to keep your pipeline active and land more projects
Full Story0

ORGANIZING10 Things to Remember When Decluttering in the New Year
Fast-track the process and ease the stress by making a plan before you begin
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZUsing Houzz: Create a Home To-Do List
See how to use an ideabook to keep track of your home projects this year
Full Story
CONTRACTOR TIPSLearn the Lingo of Construction Project Costs
Estimates, bids, ballparks. Know the options and how they’re calculated to get the most accurate project price possible
Full Story
HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWSWhen to Use Templates in Your Remodeling Business
Repetitive or time-consuming tasks such as building estimates and tracking project materials could be good candidates
Full Story
PETSDealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
WINDOW TREATMENTSHow to Hang Your Curtains Just Right
Learn key methods and measurements for fullness and stacking to get your window treatments on the right track
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Keep Your Light Fixtures Shining Bright
Try these 9 tips for cleaning pendants, sconces, track lighting and more
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESHow to Stick to Your Remodeling Goals
Keep your remodeling decisions on track using these 5 steps
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
dadoes