SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fun2bhere

USPS Vent

Fun2BHere
11 years ago

Once again, the postal service is making me crazy. I lucked out on a wonderful bargain on eBay. I've been watching the tracking carefully because I don't want to lose this item. Today, the package was marked "out for delivery." The postal carrier came...no package.

When I called the call center, they tell me that they have no more information than what I can see, so they give me the number of my local post office. I call the number and it's no longer in service. I call the number listed for the local sorting center and it's no longer in service. I start to think the sequester has caused the postal service, a private organization, to somehow lose its telephone service. I try a different post office. He gives me another number to call for my local office.

I finally reach someone there and he tells me that the package was put on the wrong truck, but should arrive back at my post office tomorrow morning and be delivered tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood, wishing and hoping that the package doesn't get completely lost and that the item doesn't get broken.

At each point of contact, the representative said, "Well, it's insured." I know it's insured, but replacement value is 300% of what I paid on eBay. I want the item, not the insurance reimbursement.

If you aren't using your good vibes for anything more important right now, would you mind sending them my way? Thanks in advance.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations