May reading--What are you reading?
last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (52)
- last year
- last year
Related Discussions
Shower Floor Puddles - See Pics and Read What Contractor Said
Comments (26)Love the look you have going, the combination of wood look and embossed metal is really great. It sounds like he sloped in the 'inverted pyramid' that Mongo mentions, but then laid the tile accross the corners that lead to the drain, instead of out from them. The floor should be sloped like an 'X', with the drain at the center, the arms running to the corners. Tiles in each section of the 'X' should be laid at a 90 degre angle to its immeadiate neighbors so that the majority of grout lines are funneling water into the X arms. I'm not sure the 'weep holes' issue has been properly addressed, not clear to me though maybe it is to Bill or Mongo. And even though I love the look, I'd worry that this is going to be one slick floor: not enough grout lines, a glazed surface, and a large format, low texture tiles. So, for saftey if not for drainage, I think it needs a do-over. I'd cut the tile into small pieces and try to do a layout like a parquet floor, with plenty of grout lines for grip....See MoreWho's reading what in September?
Comments (87)I finished Harold Fry last night. I'm going to say it was just okay and don't think I would recommend it. In fact, during parts, even towards the end, I was almost tempted to bail, but I wanted to find out how it ended. Slightly spoilerish: Early on I figured out the part about his son, although not in detail. In a way it hearkened back to Eleanor Oliphant which I thought did a much better job of it. The group that accompanied him on part of his journey annoyed me, and it seemed to be the point at which I considered simply not finishing it. By then Harold was really unraveling and I guess it's not my favorite thing to read about in fiction....See MoreMay----What are you reading?
Comments (70)Annpan, Most sound ordinary but I have had the occasional Grandma call with a foreign accent. I did get a chuckle when my son was recently visiting and he answered the phone. Someone said 'Grandpa?' and my son was quite surprised as he's not near that age. Of course I knew immediately what it was and when the crook called back I told my son to tell him nothing, just hang up....See MoreWhat are you reading? May 2025 Edition
Comments (91)Yes ..1917 it does but not in the format I prefer. I read an average of maybe 6 books per month - sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. It depends on other things happening in my life. All via audiobook. I "read" when I'm doing other things - exercising, driving, etc. The Audible route (aka Amazon) doesn't offer plans with the volume I need. I do buy books from Audible on a one-off basis from time to time. I'm never in a rush to get any book quickly. If there's a waiting list, fine, I wait. I just checked, I'm currently on a waiting list for 8 different titles. The backlog and postponed availability of books usually never leaves me lacking something else to read at any given time. If so, I can often revert to re-reading something I read before - I keep a record of books read and when for that very purpose and to avoid mistakenly thinking a title is new to me when it's been already read. When a title I want to read comes to my attention, I try to check it out or settle for a waiting list. It's the same either way. Library use with cards to about a dozen different libraries is easy and satisfactory most of the time. Thank you so much for your comprehensive concern, covering the base had it been the case that I didn't know that Amazon sells books. Edit to add: I remembered that A provides access to purchase records from years past. For fun, I looked at my account. My first purchase was a cookbook in 1996. The next year, I bought 8 books. During that era, I would typically get one audiobook per month through the mail from Books on Tape, a SoCal company founded by a guy my Dad knew. And so it goes....See More- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGDon't Touch Another Stain Before You Read This
Even an innocent swipe with water may cause permanent damage. Here's what to know about how rugs and fabrics react
Full Story
LIVING ROOMS9 Cozy Nooks, Daybeds and Corners for Reading
These snug spots may make you want to put on fuzzy socks and hunker down with a good book
Full Story
ATTICS8 Tips to Turn Your Attic Into a Snug Reading Nook
If your cherished "me" time starts with a book, take a page from these ideas for converting your attic into a reading heaven
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
HOME INNOVATIONSConsidering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESMake Sure You Read This Before Buying New Plants
Follow these 10 plant-selection tips to avoid buyer’s remorse
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNDreaming of a Spa Tub at Home? Read This Pro Advice First
Before you float away on visions of jets and bubbles and the steamiest water around, consider these very real spa tub issues
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESHow to Read a Floor Plan
If a floor plan's myriad lines and arcs have you seeing spots, this easy-to-understand guide is right up your alley
Full Story
EVENTSDon't Throw Away Another Household Item Before Reading This
Repair Cafe events around the world enlist savvy volunteers to fix broken lamps, bicycles, electronics, small appliances, clothing and more
Full Story
msmeow