Halloween was a bust here
last year
last modified: last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (43)
Related Discussions
Endless Summer: NOT a Bust!
Comments (30)I am in Canada, Zone 3. The winter gets to -30F and colder with windchill, and there's a lot of wind. I still have my plants in pots, just bought this year. So, I was thinking of putting them in the attic, which would probably keep them within their zone requirements.( I assume they need to go dormant??) I don't have the heated garage the nursery suggests, unless they're gonna build it for me. I hope this works. Any suggestions are very welcome!! As for bloom or bust, my ESs quit blooming after I removed the blooms for a bouquet. I fertilized, but similar to another member, just got more leaf growth. Maybe they are just too young of plants. And, I mistreated them in a heat wave, too. Lots of wilt, and some crunchy leaves. I figured they were punishing me!...See MoreHalloween is "Busting" out
Comments (7)Marlene, thank you so much. I was so excited to see that bust in the TS as I think she has a really sweet face and is just perfect for what I wanted! I have been looking for one for quite a while but they are rare creatures in thrift stores! The mini pumpkin mugs were acquired one by one but I finally have a set of them. Both sets of plates in the hutch were still in their original boxes! Good luck on finding your mini pumpkins. Punk, thank you too! I pretty much have the entire lower level of the house Halloweened (is that a word? LOL) out! Except for DH's office, I only get to decorate that for Christmas and then it is minimal. This is my first time decorating the top of the hutch as I am running out of places to put things, so moved higher LOL!! Jeanne, I bought the Poe book last spring at a YS in Sedona and wasn't even thinking Halloween, it was just a beautifully bound book. BUT....when I started to get out the Halloween decor - light bulb moment!! I had found the large black raven at a TS this year and the frame was from last year, so it all started coming together. The fact that I had that black cabinet, (GdWl several years ago) seemed like the perfect place to display it! Especially as you observed, Poe was dark and most of his work was as well! The top of the hutch will stay after Halloween. All I have to do is exchange the Trick or Treat bucket for a different holder, and remove the little Jack O'Lantern. The Jacks on the fridge top seem very vintage feeling to me and they are all smiling, : ) Maybe it was the Boo on the ghost cupcake that frightened you! LOL Thanks again ladies for all your encouraging comments. This is definitely my favorite playground because of all the wonderful people here. Happy Halloween, Candy...See Morei'm ready to BUST here!
Comments (1)The more detailed the plans, the less headaches, delays and problems later. Be patient. When the winter is here at least the house will be dry....See MoreShare your Halloween costumes here!
Comments (12)Lovely ladies Alisande! How is your granddaughter doing? The costume Bigack posted has her son's head right in the middle and his hands are pulling his own hair/holding his head up.. so yes, he is able to see. I've seen this done with a clear plastic jar (cut in the back) over the head too.. so it appears the 'live' head is in a jar being held by a headless person. Very cool idea! DH and I are going to our friend's annual Halloween party as John and Lorena Bobbitt. I won't post pictures here of that, but it is a simple costume with fake blood in appropriate places on some pajamas. I'll carry a 'bloody' knife and a jar with evidence (sausage). Sorry you asked??? lol...See More- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last yearlast modified: last yearrob333 (zone 7b) thanked littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
- last year
- last year
Related Stories

HOLIDAYSCelebrating Diwali? Here’s How to Get Your House Ready
These ideas will help you get set for India’s festival of lights now so you can relax and enjoy the parties
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSModern Macramé in Halloween Hues
Rope knots aren’t so square with a design that updates the old spider-plant hanger. Here’s how to do it yourself in orange and black
Full Story
HALLOWEENHouzz TV: Candy-Corn Candles for Halloween or Anytime
These DIY layered candles will sweeten up any Halloween tablescape. Here’s how to make them with soy wax chips and your microwave
Full Story
COLOROrange You Glad This Doesn’t Look Halloween-y?
Pops of orange don’t have to stop once trick-or-treating does. Here are some ways to make the bold color work anytime
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLWhat’s Your Halloween Decorating Style?
Do you prefer pretty pumpkins or gory ghouls? Whimsical witches or wall-scaling skeletons? Please share your photos here
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHalloween and Fall Decorating Ideas to Put You in the Spirit
From easy to involved, for the garden and all over the home, these projects and party ideas will conjure a frightfully festive mood
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSBlack-and-White Pumpkins for a Scandinavian-Style Halloween
Paint splattering offers a frightfully tempting alternative to traditional orange pumpkins. Once you start, you just may keep going
Full Story
HALLOWEENKid-Friendly DIY: Fun and Easy Halloween Party Decor Ideas
Add instant color and playful accents to your next Halloween-themed gathering
Full Story
HALLOWEEN12 Halloween Decor Ideas to Scare and Delight
Gather inspiration for your seasonal style with these spooky tricks and treats
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESWe Bust 4 More Native Plant Myths
Have you been taken in by these fallacies about gardening with native plants?
Full Story

outpaientzero