What are we reading in June?
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (56)
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Discussions
What are we reading in June?
Comments (122)I just finished A Man Called Ove. For the first half, I just wasn't sure about it. Sometimes a day would go by and I wouldn't pick it up. A supreme curmudgeon who is bound to commit suicide surrounded by a cast of madcap neighbors?!! I might have set it aside if I'd had something else to read at that very moment. I'm glad I stuck with it. The writing is really good and I love stories of ordinary people where small gestures and actions can change them and others around them. I had a good little cry at the end. Next up: Song of Achilles....See MoreWhat are we reading? June 2021 Edition
Comments (77)I just finished The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer. I found it to be a mixed bag of a compelling pre-WWII story, intense and beautiful, narrated in mediocre writing, juxtaposed with the challenges of current modern day descendant. The latter parts about the current day granddaughter and her family were subpar, pat, flat. Both in writing and content. The parts about Alina, the young Polish woman were far superior in quality, even with the relatively unskilled writing. Reminded me of Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate, in the way the older generation’s childhood and youth felt like they were from a different book than the parts about the descendamts — so starkly different in authenticity, intensity and writing. 2.5 or 3 stars. (Could be higher.)...See MoreWhat are you reading? June 2023 Edition
Comments (67)I just read Dear Mrs. Bird, by AJ Pearce, a little bit of an older book for our book group. We'd done some heavy topics the last few months so wanted something a little lighter. It was quite charming and while not 'fluff' it did have a bit of humor along with some interesting info about what it was like to live in London during the WWII blitz by the Germans. It wasn't as light as we'd hoped but we all really enjoyed it. Now onto Exiles by Jane Harper. I've enjoyed her other books so hope this one is the same....See MoreJune 2023 - What's everyone reading?
Comments (65)I just finished Do Let's Have Another Drink: The Singular Wit and Double Measures of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother by Gareth Russell, and found it very disappointing. It's a kind of biography where the author has told anecdotes from each decade of HM's life, and several of them are quite interesting. But there is a lot of boring fluff, repetition and not much wit, I'm afraid. I think it could have been much better (the idea is quite good) in another author's hands....See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
Related Stories

MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your June Home Checklist
Make summer easy by getting your home and outdoor gear in shape now
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your June Home Checklist
Get ready for summer by freshening up your entertaining spaces and preparing for good times with others
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESRocky Mountain Gardener: What to Do in June
Join the edible-garden club, deadhead spring-blooming plants around the landscape and make sure to fit in an inspiring garden tour
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESMid-Atlantic Gardener: What to Do in June
Abundant sun is yielding bountiful blooms in the garden this month, but don't forget to watch for pests, package some seeds and plan ahead
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESSouthwest Gardener's June Checklist
Protect your plants from too much sun while waiting for rain relief, and guess what? Those cacti might need a drink
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESTexas Gardener: What to Do in June
Don't be discouraged by the dry summer heat — hardy plants, container gardens and smart watering can help landscapes thrive
Full Story0

LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESMake Sure You Read This Before Buying New Plants
Follow these 10 plant-selection tips to avoid buyer’s remorse
Full Story
HOME INNOVATIONSConsidering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
EVENTSMy Houzz: They’re Right at Home in Their Schindler House
Chance brought a couple to their Inglewood home designed by the L.A. midcentury architect. It will be part of a June design tour
Full Story
annpanagain