SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Shoe Thread.

bbstx
13 days ago

I ran across a blog post about the wonderfulness of Chanel cap-toe ballet flats. This is a picture of the real thing. The price of the real thing, $975, has me looking for Chanel-esque shoes.

So far, I’ve bought and returned Jeffery Campbell (Bloomingdale’s), Tory Burch, Anne Klein, and J. Crew Factory. Out of all of those, the Jeffery Campbell came closest to being comfortable. It was a hair too small and the next half size up was sold out everywhere I looked.

I’m coming to you, my wonderful imaginary and imaginative friends, to help me find the shoe (feels like I ought to sign that ~Cinderella). My requirements are nude/tan body with black leather (not patent) cap toe, small leather bow, flat flat flat heel (1/2” or less). I do not want a knock-off with the interlocking Cs. I do not want a sling back. I do not want a pointed toe.

Blondo makes a waterproof version that tempts me, but the sole looks too thick. French Sole makes a lovely quilted shoe but the cap is patent leather. Rothy’s makes them, too, but I‘m looking for leather.

Where else do I need to look? Or do I need to just bite the bullet and buy the real thing? I’ve read they will last forever. Because they are lambskin, they take on a ”well-loved” look.

Comments (21)