SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minisoda

Houston (or in this case SW Florida) we have a problem

Mini Soda
29 days ago

I’ve done a lot of landscaping projects on our houses over the years. I learned quickly to outsource that work to the pros who have a much better design eye. We’ve had a lot of beautiful landscaping projects, but this is NOT one of them. 😂

We needed to pull the shrubs in front of the left side of the house because they were woody and just old after almost 20 years. The other areas have newer Hibiscus that were healthy, but get overgrown quickly. To keep them at a reasonable size means pruning and not blooming.

So our landscape designer brought in new plants entirely, and the results are not good.

Also, the bump out area on the left will have four 6’ Italian Cypress installed later this week. Between the Cypress, shrubs and Jasmine vines growing on the house, I think that area will look really nice. The others are going to look terrible until we replace with larger shrubs or wait nine months.

I could really use your feedback on shrubs that bring some height and visual interest. We are so fortunate to have so many vibrant plants to choose from in SW Florida (zone 10b).

My wife, who is about the most laid back person on the planet when it comes to projects like this, literally said she couldn’t look and had to go inside. Haha!

Appreciate your ideas! I have included a bunch of before and after pictures.

Comment