SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Houston, we have an offer......

DLM2000-GW
9 years ago

.....again :-)

So after our last fiasco where the buyers who came knocking on our door got a case of the stupids (sorry for that little editorial comment) we regrouped, had a huge garage sale, packed up more boxes that are stacked on shelves in the basement and readied the house to get serious about selling. Timing isn't great with selling season winding down so we decided to do an exempt listing as of 9/19, no sign for the moment and see what happens. First people to look (there have been 3), came back the next day, spent close to 2 hours and made an offer last night. It's a solid offer, 98% of ask but 2 issues: there is a contingency on the sale/closing of their current house, but it is already under contract with a close date of 10/10. They realize that is an impossible closing date for us so offered closing 11/1. Unfortunately that won't work because my husband has a contract to do work for a customer and can't bail on it - he will scramble to get it done ASAP but 11/1 is impossible.

We countered with 11/15 and a price half way between our ask and their offer. If they agree to the money (or counter a bit lower) but not the closing, then we will consider kicking in some $$ (as will our realtor and probably theirs) to cover a couple more weeks at a Residence Inn or whatever place they are arranging to hopefully get them to 11/15. Of course I think this is a win win - just hope they see it that way! They're such a cute young couple with an adorable daughter (I had to let them in for the 2nd showing because there isn't even a key/lock box yet) and they seem totally smitten with the house and neighborhood, walk to grade school, beach, restaurants, train to downtown..... We will keep the appointment with the photographer, get a listing sheet done and continue showing till their contingencies clear. No idea how that will work - we won't show in the computer as contingent because we aren't even in the computer. But realtors around here call neighboring offices to find exempt listings because inventory is low at certain price points. Wonder if they'll be told we are contingent ? Keep your fingers crossed for us - this could be the one!

Comments (11)