SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dani_m08

Anyone use marble on island + more durable material on perimeters?

dani_m08
last month

I am finally ready to move forward with my kitchen renovation! I know that finishes come after layout - but I’m not planning on making any major changes to the layout due to an angled outside wall that I’m not moving which limits configuration. I’ve been looking at marble slabs - and have the above question re: mixing a marble island with another countertop material.

Has anyone used marble on their island and something more ”durable” for their perimeter counters? I would rather have marble everywhere - but sometimes I do wonder if I should have some area for my SO to use when he cuts lemons/limes/makes his salsa and chili/opens red wine/preps stuff for the grill/etc. - he’s definitely harder on surfaces in general.

Example - there are many more dents on my wood floors that have happened in the past few years since he’s lived here - and I raised two daughters here (+ had a niece and nephew who lived with me for a bit + lots of their friends spent time over here).

I believe that @Beth H. : has dolomite (aka Super White - often referred to incorrectly as quartzite) w on her island + some type of quartz on her perimeter counters - and her kitchen looks very nice.

If anyone else has used marble on their island and another material on their perimeter counters, I’d love to see photos!

Thanks,

Dani

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone