SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barncatz

30 acres of empty gorgeous farmland

barncatz
last month
last modified: last month

I only live here because I wanted to get my two horses out of their boarding stables. I lost them both late last Fall/winter (old age related). I had placed the barn and 11 acres of divided pasture directly ourside our living room windows. Everytime I looked out, I looked for them and I spent hours of every day caring for the pasture, the barn, as well as the horses themselves.

DH's family was from here and it's his happy spot. He is excited about planting trees and a wildflower pasture, in other words, he has lots of plans for working on, transforming the lands. I love beautiful gardens but can only work in them for about an hour.

When I look out at our beautiful view, I see only absence and loss of my entire way of life. I understand why some people leave houses where they lived with their spouses. My lovely, widowed cousin stayed in her home on a lake and loves it more, she said. I've been trying to do the work, volunteering at a horse rescue, eating out etc. and I can recognize objectively that our land is gorgeous but it's emptiness makes me cry. My book club met on my porch this week but it didn't help as much as I hoped. Do I just need more time?

Comments (25)