SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_283081375

How / where to buy quartz countertops for kitchen remodel ...

HU-283081375
last month

I am in the process of planning out a kitchen remodel which will include new countertops.

It seems that the default choice is quartz these days. But after talking to a sales rep in a kitchen cabinet store I have some questions and could use some guidance.

1.) Pricing - sheet vs. sqft. Is it common that I have to buy an entire sheet regardless? Big box stores advertise in sqft pricing. But I have not inquired whether I still need to buy entire sheet. At the kitchen cabinet store I was told I will need two sheets

2.) where to buy? My last project (15 years ago) I bought granite from a dedicated granite place. Would it make sense to find a local countertop only place? If so, if anyone knows a place in NW Chicago burbs.....

3.) For simplicity I had the idea to use countertop material for the backsplash. I have only one wall with backsplash. However, I was told that this is very expensive. Also, it seems rather thick. Are there certain quartz brands places that have thinner material for backsplash? Or different materials?

4.) quartz is expensive. Are there new alternatives I should consider?

Any guidance is much apreciated!

Comments (25)