SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
josephineokun

Two identical sofas facing each other in different colors?

Josephine
last month

Help! Would you place two identical sofas facing each other but in different colors or is that too odd?

I am redoing the living room after 8 years. Here is the photo of the previous living room layout.

Wellesley Green Home · More Info

I am thinking of placing two CR Laine Westport sofas facing each other with fireplace as a focal point.

I am facing a dilemma because I wanted leather (Dark Smoke or Harness Nut) but feel like the colors would too overwhelming for the space. But I really do not want a two matching fabric sofa either. So I am thinking of getting one sofa in Bubble up Domino and one in leather.

Problem is: I haven't seen two identical sofas facing each other in different colors in any of the ideas photos yet. What do you all think of it? Would it break the harmony too much? Would the dark color or the leather throw off the balance? I intend to keep the table and console but I am planning for a new swivel chair, new rugs and window blinds so I have those colors to play with. Would it be too hard to pull it off? How would you do it? Would love your thoughts.

I have open floor plan that include kitchen, living room and dining room. My current colors are white and dark gray warmed with quarter sewn white oak flooring and warm tone wood tables. Thanks in advance for your input.

BTW, the wall with fireplace is asymmetrical. The cabitnets to the left of the fireplace is 30" wider than the plane white wall to the right.

Wellesley Green Home · More Info

Comments (12)