SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_450609527

Purchased Quartzite, received Dolomite countertop and backsplash

I ordered a quartzite countertop. It was installed Friday. I noticed a crack filled with black epoxy and then noticed etching and white scratch marks. I knew this couldn't be quartzite. I did the test on the sample and it's obviously dolomite. The owner came over and after a huge battle of the wits he said he would look into it. Two hours later he sent me an email apologizing and come in to choose a new quartzite at the same value. Yea. My concern now is getting the stone I want at the same price and not being told I only have two or three undesirable choices. I am saying that because the owner told me during the meeting yesterday that I would have to give him something back since I went to his store 4 times and had his installer move slabs of stone so I could view them and who pays for that, had a countertop fabricated and installed and who pays for that, spent time pricing for you and who pays for that. So I am not very confident that I will get the value I should. Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (13)