SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elaine_lau8

Hybrid Flooring - the new trend? Duravana or Optimax

Elaine Lau
last month

When shopping for flooring, I was introduced to this new product - a hybrid flooring material that combines some characteristics of wood, laminate, and vinyl. It is supposedly 100% waterproof (even in flooding), scratch proof (pets), dent proof, etc. Floor & Decor carries Optimax. But I didn't like the color choice. LL Flooring carries Duravana.

Duravana is supposedly eco-friendly and PVC free (I don't know what that means). When I went into the stores, I found that all the Duravana were labelled with the California P95 warning. The store clerk said they added these labels last November but didn't know what they were. I was then told about that a few years ago, LL Flooring (aka Lumber Liquidators) had sold Chinese-made laminate flooring that had elevated levels of formaldehyde. With the P95 warning and the background, it made me hesitate on going with Duravana.

I don't know where Duravana or Optimax are manufactured. Supposedly, the store clerk said Duravana comes from Germany, but I don't see any of these labels in either of them.

Is Duravana safe? Or should I just stick with Optimax even though the colors are not my preferred choice?

Comment

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor