SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellep72

Bathroom layout advice

daniellep72
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Novice non-designer here seeking guidance. We're on a tight budget and trying to diy our bathroom space. Our current floorplan includes a big garden tub that we don't really use and a smaller shower, so we initially thought we would swap the spaces -- larger shower and smaller tub. However, the potential tub space is only 47" wide. Long story short, we decided we can shift the wall to make the spaces more even, which is why I'm here. I've worked out several *very* rough plans and am curious what this group thinks is best. See notes below and thanks so much in advance for any guidance!!!

Option A - keep structure the same, move shower to former tub space and right side for build-in storage - color is not accurate - illustrative only ;)

Option B: Similar to above but squeeze in a 40" soaking tub

Option C: shift the wall to even the space between the tub and the shower, allowing for a 47" Japanese soaking tub; something about the split room feels weird to me and I'm not certain why/if it's a thing

Option C alt: Add some sort of window over the tub for extra light.

FYI on the layout of the rest of the room if we moved the wall - it's a tight space. We do have a tub in our guest bathroom, so I would feel ok without a tub in this room. I'm kinda banking on it being nice enough to entice me to take baths but the best laid plans..

And here's the current layout as is. Shower plumbing is on the bottom left and bath plumbing is on the bottom right.

Comments (3)