I'll Never Understand Credit Reports
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (25)
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
Related Discussions
Credit Report (shrieking)
Comments (6)Banks used to be entities that could be respected. In the present financial situation many small ones are being gobbled up by the big ones that got us here. They are doing any thing they can get away with to make bucks. Some of the things they do are illegal but get under the radar till a class action contest brings them to light. The commercials you see for credit reports may have very small print disclaimers saying that you are signing up for a daily, weekly or monthly report that will cost on a regular basis. That is why the bad "rock" band is no longer blaring at is. Check to see if there is a fine print agreement to consistently charge for regular credit reports. I think looking for a small local bank or a credit union is the best move to make at this time. Why use the ones that messed up the economy?...See MoreAnnual Credit reports?
Comments (11)Hi Sweets98, Just b/c the bills aren't on the credit report doesn't mean they aren't out there. What some institutions do is let the debt linger out there. Sometimes they don't even report it for 5 years or longer, they sell the loan to someone else etc. etc. It's great that you are paying down all the bills that you owe, believe me once you start settling they come out of the woodwork. The other thing you can do to locate creditors is look at the list of recent inquiries b/c if there are agencies that have been checking your credit regularly every few months then you can contact them to find out "why". I wouldn't call them all at once....cuz they will start hounding you. Call one at a time. Once you have one paid call the next one. You will get it all straightened out. Also I would recommend signing up for credit monitoring. The best one is True Credit http://www.truecredit.com/entry/drtv1.jsp?cb=DRTV1 It's 9.95 a month but it updates your score monthly. Any new accounts, closed accounts andy pay offs or settlements (that are reported to the 3 bureaus) I use this service and I find it helpful. I just bought my first home and I plan on using this service for 1 year. I had student loans that I just finished paying most of, then consolodated the rest so now one payment but I wanted to see how my credit was affected. It's really come in handy. I know some people don't agree w/credit monitoring but it is useful for people trying to improve their credit score that are paying off old debt or closing out accounts and just want to be informed. Good Luck...See MoreCancelling credit cards & credit score
Comments (10)Everything I've seen/heard about this is not to cancel credit cards. Cancelling them does affect your credit scores. That said, at one point I had 3 separate credit cards issued by the same bank. I use only one and pay the balance in full every month. I have received letters from the bank requesting that I either use the cards or said cards would be cancelled effective 30 days of the receipt of said letter. I didn't use them, and those accounts have been cancelled. DH hates credit cards and prefers to pay cash for purchases. I did check with the 3 credit bureaus regarding whether the cancellation by the bank for lack of use of those two cards would affect our credit scores. All three claimed that it would not, and I did manage to obtain fax confirmation of that assurance. I did pull reports at 90 days after their cancellation, and our scores hadn't changed. Unless the card company contacts you about cancelling for lack of use, I wouldn't cancel....See MoreWhy I'll never buy from Solutions Catalog again
Comments (8)Years ago I signed a paper with UPS allowing them to leave packages at my door without needing a signature. That's convenient but what I don't like is that the UPS guy never rings the doorbell when he drops it off so if I'm home all day I won't know there's a box sitting on my doorstep. Many a time DH has come home from work, walks in the door saying, "do you realize there's a package out here?" I hate that! I'll return the item but I'm not re-ordering the color I want because then I'll have to pay shipping again and I'm not doing that. I told them what I thought of their ordering system. I think they deliberately set things up so you can't make changes, that way they get they increase the chance the item won't be returned because people don't want the hassle. But it has the opposite affect on me, not only will I go to the trouble of returning it they've lost me as a customer. You don't see these kind of antics with better catalogs like Grandinroad/Frontgate. Mountain and Central time zones can be frustrating too. That's funny about people interupting you on your lunch hour jakabedy. My confusion with those time zones is that I never know which states fall into which zone. Doesn't Arizona switch back and forth, making it even more confusing? At least with the eastern seaboard you know! I wish these companies on the east coast would stop acting like the world revolves around their time zone and the rest of us have to adopt odd hours to accomodate them. I just cited one example how I got burned by it and how this particular company could care less....See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years agosamkarenorkaren thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
Related Stories

KIDS’ SPACESSee an Arizona Nursery That’ll Never Get Old
Age appropriate but not childish, this baby boy’s room will grow with him without a redesign
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTA Few Things I Would Like to Ask Frank Lloyd Wright
It could take a lifetime to understand Frank Lloyd Wright's work — less if we had answers to a few simple questions
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSDesigning a Business: How Do I Deal With Client Sticker Shock?
Design business coach Chelsea Coryell offers tips for helping clients understand the actual costs of their projects
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSay 'I Do' to Beautiful Wedding Memory Displays
You'll love and cherish these creative vignettes, artwork and more that keep the happiness of your special day at hand
Full Story
Special Report: Interior Design News From Cologne
Take a Photo Tour of the Latest Furniture Innovations Headed Our Way
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSpecial Report: Kitchen News from Cologne
Blended Kitchen-Living Rooms, Super-Skinny Counters and Hidden Appliances Are Headed This Way
Full Story
CONTAINER GARDENSPatio-Perfect Berry Bushes Like You’ve Never Seen
Small enough for pots but offering abundant fruit, these remarkable bred berries are a boon for gardeners short on space
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNSpecial Report: Bath Trends From Valencia
Spain Design News: Minimal Sinks, Stacked Vanities — and Modern Glam
Full Story
LIFE21 Things Only People Living With Kids Will Understand
Strange smells, crowded beds, ruined furniture — here’s what cohabiting with little monsters really feels like
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
foodonastump