SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacey_feken

Help by 2/14! Paint (+grout) match Cloe Bedrosians Baby Blue shower

Stacey Feken
3 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

ETA: Have tried starting a fresh post 4 times but it disappears and goes back to the discussion topic page. Sorry to keep editing this post.

Please help--we have to pick up tomorrow so contractor can paint Thursday!!! I had to order the tile Sunday night and floor tile estimated to get here Friday, he started a week early and samples came in late, so now picking paint and grout without tiles in hand (only samples) or being able to test on walls in different lights. Wall around window + shower will be tiled to the ceiling, rest will be painted.

I'm going with tried and true styles/colors due to the lack of time to compare and decide. Don't even get me started on mirrors/lights, would like to change, wanted medicine cabinets to get rid of clutter or one big mirror, but this is unexpected expense so will go with what we have for now.

I'm narrowing down to SW Sea Salt, Rainwashed, Tidewater, shades in that spectrum and have chips from other brands you can get at Home Depot/ Lowe's like Behr/Valspar/Glidden. The cabinets are white so we may paint them a darker shade. We're going for coastal beachy feel, the floor tile is grey, I lean towards maximalist and like color and stuff. Luckily we didn't have to replace it, damage from leaking shower wasn't as bad as anticipated so he's moving really fast (ripped out everything Monday 12, installed framing/prep today, doing plumbing/fixtures tomorrow).

I've read tons of posts about grout; Mapei seems popular and available at multiple places locally but so many shades!! Stock photo of Cloe below plus a few of existing bathroom.

ETA: We ended up narrowing down to the Gaudi Aqua (instead of the Ocean) vs. Cloe and are leaning towards the Cloe plus Merola Celadon Aqua for the floors. There are two shades that could work--the irony is the Celadon "Aqua" is more of a baby blue, and the "Emerald" appears aqua. If anyone has these tile and can comment on their shade it would be helpful. I'll add pictures soon.

I'm also curious what paint colors folks have paired Cloe Baby Blue with for their bathroom walls / cabinets, etc.

Now the contractor is starting a week earlier than anticipated (demo starts Monday Feb 12) and I have to order tonight!

Hello all, I'm considering Cloe Bedrosians Baby Blue tiles for our shower walls, but also really like Gaudi Hex Ocean (appears to be sold under several brands, Merola, Affinity Tile, etc. and comes in multiple colors). I think the Gaudi would be too busy for the walls, but like it's potential as a floor tile for contrast, texture, and since it has brown shades (we have a white marble now that retains a dirt ring and I hate it). This would go in the insets too that our contractor is planning. If anyone is familiar with these tiles please let me know what you think!

I find tons of posts for Cloe but not many for Gaudi, though reviews from various sites are all high.

We have to remodel since our shower is leaking (and has been for a long time, causing mold and electrical issues) so having to choose quickly.

Comments (10)