SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_811169569

Help! Where could I add cabinetry and storage to awkward living room?

Hayley Haskin
3 months ago

I would really like to incorporate into my living room some nice floating shelves to display things high up, and/or potentially cabinetry/book cases (either built ins or standard) to conceal any baby toys (and to serve as an alternate to the floating shelves for displaying details) as living room will be co-functioning space.

Additionally, I am trying to identify best location for baby play space in living room.

The two things I want feedback on are:
1. Placement of baby’s play-space (can be left or right of sofa)
2. Suggestions of shelving/cabinet/built-ins style and location I could add to the space. Want to serve as a nice display AND ideally functional storage, too.

Please see attached photos titled "angles of current room" where I specify the questions I am seeking feedback on, and photo "Inspiration for cabinets/shelving". (please note the furniture is all being replaced as shown in the future design photo, and do plan on adding curtains and updating light fixtures). Not seeking feedback on placement of couches, rug, or tv stand, but would be open to suggestions if you think the wall space around the tv can be used to match the overall vibe I’d like to achieve. Thank you so much!

Comments (4)