SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marca_blocker

Stumped with design plan

Marca Blocker
4 months ago

I need help deciding how to finish out my bathroom remodel. This is a basement bath that is accessible to a mother-in-law suite and a fun movie room. The movie room will have a 1920’s vibe. I was trying out the mixed metals but I’m not sure if I am liking it. I was hoping to do black and gold like my new light fixture and change out the handles on the vanity to gold. I decided to stick with the black faucet since the gold one was a bit too bright. I still need to decide what to do with the walls. I was hoping to do two different colors or wall paper on the upper half. My family thinks that would be too busy. I want this to have a moody speakeasy vibe. I don’t want this to be just the same old same old boring bathroom. I’m even thinking of a darker than usual paint color.
The hall way that moves to the bathroom is the blue on the wall next to the trim. I was thinking of keeping it the same color. What’s your thoughts? I’m not sure if I am keeping the back splash that is there. It’s not clued to the wall as of yet. I was evening thinking of going straight up with wood that would match the color of the cabinet. And then place a gold frame on the wood piece. And thoughts. The photo in the comments is my inspiration idea for the mirror. Any suggestions?

Comments (13)