SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
victoria_vega72

Floor Plan Advice for a family of 6?

5 months ago

Well, my last floor plan got totally torn to shreds on here so Iā€™m starting from scratch šŸ˜‚ I am looking for any floor plan recommendations for a family of 6. We currently have one toddler and plan to have 3 more. We will be building on family property, so this will be a long-term house. we will also be building on an unfinished basement. Best views are in the front of the house - we are on a slight hill in the mountains of Virginia. We want to stay around 2600ish square feet, possibly up to 2800.
My only must haves are a nice mudroom with locker/drop off area and a playroom off of main living areas. I hear people say playrooms donā€™t get used all the time on here, BUT we have one now and I couldnā€™t live without that. We homeschool in there, we play toys, I can supervise will I cook. It is definitely a priority for me while raising small kids! Other than that, we want a decent master with an additional 3 bedrooms. I donā€™t have any particular preference for single-story vs. two story. Iā€™d love to see any practical layouts that work well with both young kids and grown kids. Thanks in advance! Pic of our land included below, too!

Comments (16)