SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Need another side? Gluten free Buffalo style cauliflower

plllog
5 months ago

I've made this recipe a couple of times before and did it today because I needed to get the cauliflower out of my fridge, but I'm bored with cauliflower.

https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/buffalo-cauliflower-bites/

The difference today is that I subbed Anthony's Organic Buckwheat Flour (white). Also, I didn't have any of the right kind of hot sauce, so I used Pace Medium, inc. the pieces of onion and peppers mixed with a goodly dash of TJ's habanero hot sauce Probably between 1/2 and 1 tsp.. Nice heat, not scorching, but a different texture than usual. I also didn't bother to level off the spices. I mixed it up when I put the cauliflower in the oven, so by the time it was ready to have the sauce brushed on it was thick on the way to solidifying, which work great with a single layer of thick silicone bristles brush. Getting the sauce on and sticking is always the hardest part, and other than a few wandering bits of onion and peppers it worked really well, and the flavor was outstanding.

Finally, I cooked them to the charring point. When I've made this before, it was too goopy. but tasty. The buckwheat flour combined with a brave amount of oven time, made them crunchy and delectable. And the cauliflower still had some tooth and wasn't reduced to mush.

This is a total keeper, vegan and gluten free so easy to share,, and should rewarm well, but I'll have to let you know later on that.

No picture because of the iPad issue and I'm too tired for the whole mailing rigamarole.

Comment