SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
getgoing100_7b_nj

Bumblebee help?

getgoing100_7b_nj
5 months ago

I had brought in from the balcony a bunch of flowering plants that were in danger of frost a couple of days back. I put them back out today and in the process felt something sticking to the corner of my fleece jacket (outside my peripheral vision) and instinctively pulled it out, realized it was a furry bug, and threw it on the balcony floor. Turned out to be a bumblebee. I have had one hanging out, mostly sitting on the dahlias. So, I helped it get up on a dahlia flower with visible pollen.it didn't move much after that for quite a bit. It's cold out there, between 50 and 55 even during day time and no sun on the balcony. I looked up on internet and decided to give it some sugar water (pored a bit next to it on the flower. A few more hours and still not much action. I feel guilty for generally messing with it's habitat by moving my plants in and out. So, now I have brought that dahlia pot indoors (65, no heating yet) and it now actively moving around on flowers, probably using the sugar syrup. What's the best course of action. I know they don't live long and nature takes its course but I want to make up for my intervention.

Comments (3)

Sponsored