SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicky2122

Bumblebees

Nicky2122
9 years ago

I need some bumblebee advice. I have a backyard garden and for the last few years I have had the normal bees, wasps, and even butterflies. I try very hard not to disturb them because I know they are beneficial insects. Well, last year some bumblebees decided to move it. I don't know what it is but those things terrify me. I have a recycled pallet walkway around my garden beds and once a year I have to go through and pull weeds and move around warped boards. I was doing that yesterday and a bumblebee flew right by my face. Not a minute later it came back and landed on my shoulder. In my terror I slapped it away and ran inside (I know I shouldn't have done that.) Then later I went outside and a bumblebee flew at me before I could enter the garden gate. I am thinking I may have disturbed a nest when moving my boards? I would appreciate any and all advice. I don't want to kill them but they terrify me. To add to my terror a severe bee allergy runs in my family. I have never been stung so I am concerned that I may have that allergy. Are there any methods to keep them away without keeping away all bees? Or someway to keep them away from me? Any advice?

Comments (4)

Sponsored