SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Dijon Roasted Potatoes - a keeper!

Tried this recipe last night and it's really easy and delicious, so I thought I'd share. It's originally from The Kitchn. Of course I altered it a bit, since I'm not about to go and buy an exact same ingredient if I don't happen to have it on hand. Luckily it worked out great anyway 😀

3-Ingredient Roasted Dijon Potatoes

Yield: Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients

• 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved or quartered if large

• 2 tablespoons olive oil

• 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard

• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Instructions

1 Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. 

2 Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and arrange the potatoes so they are cut-side down. 

3 Roast for 10 minutes. Flip the potatoes over with a flat spatula and cook until browned and tender, about 10 minutes more. 

Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

---------------------------------------

I had regular sized yellow potatoes, which I peeled and cut into wedges, and I had only regular Dijon, not whole grain. I also didn't try to turn the wedges and cooked them for 30 minutes. They came out crispy on the bottom, and that was good enough for me.

Next time, I'll oil the pan, since they did stick a bit. I thought there was enough oil coating them to prevent that, but I was wrong.

When I make roasted potatoes, I like to add the leftovers to a chef's salad - which is what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Comments (19)