SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lssqueeze

Can You Help Me Recreate This Recipe, Please?

Suzieque
7 months ago
last modified: 7 months ago

I had a recipe for many years but hadn't made it in quite awhile. I had hand-written it and it had my notes on it from when I'd made it. Well, I made it last week and it was wonderful!

But .... my DH threw the recipe away by mistake, thinking it was scratch paper.

It is called "Apple Cider Chicken Pot Pie with Cornmeal Crust" (not sure of the exact order of those words, but that's close). I'll tell you what I remember.

There was quite a long list of ingredients but nothing exotic.

I know it had:

1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, 1 1/2 pounds of cooked chicken, cut into 1" pieces. Some amount of flour to thicken the cream over heat. Some apple cider (maybe 1/4 cup). 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (maybe sauteed). Coriander, salt and pepper, of course. Chopped and steamed carrots (I remember that the recipe said to steam for 4 minutes but that wasn't quite enough). Frozen peas mixed in at the end just before putting crust on. I don't remember if there were onions or garlic in it, but probably

The crust was cornmeal and flour, mix in 6-8 tbsp of cold water, form into a ball, and refrigerate for at least an hour. After putting the crust on, brush it with an egg/cream mixture. Bake it for 15 mins. at 450, then reduce heat and bake for 45 mins at 350. Let rest for 15 mins.

I know that there were other ingredients; I just can't remember what.

Can any of you experienced cooks help to put something together to help me out? Of course I've googled and can't find that recipe, although I do find a variety of similar recipes. Not really interested in trying those unless I absolutely can't recreate this one.

Comments (4)