SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Black barley recipes…

agmss15
8 months ago

Ok I like barley fine. I have used it in soups, salads and in a sorta risotto when I have a plethora of wild mushrooms. I have also used it as a breakfast cereal. My favorite use is in salads because it doesn’t seem to dissolve into starchy mush like rice or pasta. That said I don’t eat it that often…

So my mom and I were gifted a huge bag of Maine Grains (local mill) black barley. My mom has a stuffed pantry and was overwhelmed by the very thought of it. Plus the same gifter filled her freezer with as yet unidentified foods. So I left her with two quart jars full - which is about 1.5 quart jars more than she wanted. I plan on giving some to friends. But I will still have a lot of barley to experiment with.. Any recipe suggestions appreciated.

Today I made a barley and bean salad with mix of my end of summer garden veggies - green beans, peppers, onions, cucumbers. Lots of dill, parsley and scallions and lemon juice. Brough some to my sister and mom to give them some idea about how to use.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County