SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Here kitty kitty! Any pet talk welcome

Oakley
7 months ago

Learned some new things these past weeks about two of my cats. I brush them as often as I can, with Raven the tux it's now several times a day, and they're indoor cats. Two of the cats hate each other with a passion so Raven lives in the bedroom and will go out and snoop sometimes. I discovered a 2" long piece of flat & thick matted hair on top of her back close to the tail. When she sat on DH's lap he cut off most that he could, but not enough. I also tried but it's too thick and flat.

Last night I caught her chasing her tail and screaming at the same time. I read it's normal OR there could be a mat that's bugging her. Bingo.

I googled the type of mat she has and found out not to cut but to shave it, taking the cat to a groomer. Raven loves to be brushed & rolls from side to side when I do it. Last night and this morning after brushing I used my women's facial hair razor and scraped a little at a time and she stood still as a statute. Bingo again. If left alone there are lots of bad side effects.

Callieco. She sleeps in the LR all.day.long, been doing that for years. A few weeks ago when I got up during the night she was roaming the back of the house and I have caught her doing it many times since! I never knew. What a little sneak she is.

Comments (37)