SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidi_harrom

Pottery Barn “Textured Weave” and “Performance Textured Loop.”

Heidi E
8 months ago

I am looking into the York Sloped Arm Sofa (Grand Size 95.5”). I am trying to keep the overall cost down, and with a sofa this size, the fabric chosen can really affect the overall price. I am interested in white and have zeroed in on 2 more affordable fabrics I think must be newer (and are notably more affordable). The Performance Textured Loop (grade A) is kind of a unique pattern/texture that I’m not sure how it would look on the couch. The Textured Weave (studio grade) is not listed as a “performance” fabric but is 100% olefin and from what I’ve read olefin is extremely durable and stain-resistant. PB itself lists its rub count at 97k, which is higher than most of their performance fabrics. It is also bleachable, which is nice.

We did a stain test (coffee, cherry juice) with the 2 samples, along with a performance Heathered Basketweave for fun. The performance textured loop cleaned up the most easily, closely followed by the textured weave. The performance Heathered Basketweave actually took the most effort to clean, though the liquids beaded up and didn’t absorb until I sort of smashed them in. Ultimately, they all mostly cleaned up just with water and then a spray of Whip It (once recommended by a Pottery Barn associate) completely eliminated any last hint of a stain.

I am interested to hear if anyone has used or has any further info for these fabrics. Thanks so much!

FYI, samples pictured L to R:
1)Performance Textured Loop
2)Textured Weave
3)Performance Heathered Basketweave

Comment (1)