SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

A lesson learned about elbow pain.

My dear husband, and I do mean DEAR, began experiencing some severe pain in his elbow a little over a week ago. He has been building a large patio project, all on his own, for a few weeks and we both attributed the problem to all of the construction activities. There are lots of pieces and parts to the elbow, after all.

We rested and iced him, slathered analgesic creams on him, and fed him some pain relievers. For naught. The painful area was slightly swollen, a bit red, and hot to the touch. Ring a bell with anyone? It didn’t with us. He called our very excellent orthopedic clinic for an appointment and spoke to the nurse practitioner for the doctor we would have seen. She listened, asked a couple of questions and said, ”It sounds like gout, to me.” Ding ding ding A quick same day visit to our primary resulted in a steroid injection and an increase in his allopurinol script and overnight relief. He’s pain free.

How did we not know that gout, which my husband has dealt with on numerous occasions in his toes, can also invade an elbow? Did you know?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz