SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imtoni

I need to be, to the point with my contractors. Lesson learned!

Toni S
6 years ago

Obviously some men are still in their own world, when it comes to house building. I do Not want to be considered a feminist or hard to get along with but I found out one important lesson today, I'd like to share. I've always enjoyed learning about building and the gory details of whats happening with construction of our past homes. For the most part, I've been involved with additions and other family members homes. Recently, the husband and I have decided to start our first, totally from scratch, right in the middle of a field, Home. I've been waiting impatiently for the water drilling company to show up and finally called them AGAIN. Because of some rain, the boss (a man), had an opening to come survey the area. I'm totally pumped and ready to ask him a stream of unanswered questions. So, he knows I'm leaving the house for a bit but I come home 45 mins early so I can have the utv ready to head out. About 30 mins later my husband comes racing back with the utv. I'm happy because now I can finally get all my questions answered and we can talk about work dates. Well, I am told that he has already been at the site with my husband and left. I felt like a little girl who was ignored for about 10 seconds and then pretty much realized I had been chucked to the back burner. So what did I learn? I need to be specific with EVERYONE that I want to have a conversation with. I don't know why this dumb butt couldn't figure that out, after all I was the one who called, he needs to talk to me. Well, I'm not burning any bridges with him today, but now I know to make it VERY CLEAR, these contractors are to talk with ME. To be fair, I did tell my husband about my phone call so if he desired to be there, he could. Sigh, what a pain, this is going to be.

Comments (14)