SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_kalmar

Battery backup on B-Hyve XR

Dan Kalmar
9 months ago

I read in the instructions that the B Hyve XR has an on board CR-2032 Lithium battery to hold the memory during power outages. It states that it is not replaceable and I found no further information online. I assume when the battery finally dies you are not expected to replace the entire device. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you.

Comments (10)

• PRO
    MrHIrrigation
    8 months ago

most current back-up batteries are what is called ten year rechargable and by the time it fails it will be time to upgrade your timer anyway.

• Dan Kalmar
    Original Author
    8 months ago

I wasn't aware the CR2032 is a rechargable battery

• PRO
    MrHIrrigation
    8 months ago

after looking up the cr2032 it may not be a rechargable but unless you are dealing with constant power outages it should still outlast the timer itself.

• Dan Kalmar
    Original Author
    8 months ago

My current timer is 20 years old and has 9V rechargable battery. it never failed. Maybe I need to keep it.

• PRO
    MrHIrrigation
    8 months ago

if it still handles the functions you need I would.

• Dan Kalmar
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Only problem with old timer is that the buttons not very responsive.

• PRO
    MrHIrrigation
    8 months ago

what brand and model is it?

• Dan Kalmar
    Original Author
    8 months ago
  • HU-843101303
    27 days ago

This battery backup question is a lifesaver. Relying on smart watering systems is fantastic until the power cuts out, and then suddenly your plants are at the mercy of the weather. No fun!

• HU-843101303
    18 days ago

I found some rechargeable 18650 batteries online ( https://www.batterypkcell.com/18650-battery/ ) that seem like a good fit for the B-Hyve XR. They hold a decent charge and shouldn't be too tricky to replace. Anyone have experience using these with their B-Hyve? It would be great to hear if they keep the system running smoothly through a power outage.