SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jll26

What do I do about this wood trim and cabinets?

Jessica L.
9 months ago

We are doing a long overdue renovation on our house, and I am trying to decide what to do with the wood accents in this area of my house where our kids' bedrooms are and where our laundry room is.
We have these wood door casings and trim in our living room, too. The rest of the house is white trim, and it abruptly changes color to wood near the living room, so in a part that gets a lot of traffic. We want to change the door casings and paint the wood trim white.
Then, we realized it would probably look odd to change the trim and door casing to white in this part of the house without painting the wood cabinets. My contractor suggested leaving it all wood in this wing of the house. This area is right off the living room.
I'm undecided and am looking for opinions. We are painting the walls a warm white. At this point, we think BM Simply White. Trim will be same white in the rest of the house.
Options for the wing of the house pictured below:
1. Change door casings and make those white, and also paint the cabinets, color TBD.
2. Leave it the door casings and cabinets the way they are
3. Change door casings and make them white so that they match the rest of the house, but don't paint the cabinets.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments (7)