SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jules_006

Hydrophobic on a boat. why ph is constantly rising?

jules_006
9 months ago

Hi I'm pretty new to hydroponic and I thought I give it a shot. I'm having a kind of kratky set up. I'm growing in 100 mm pvc pipes. I know it's not a big reservoir but I'm living on a boat with not much space and not much power. So i was thinking to just refill the pipes but keeping in mind that i have to leave air roots exposte. But the water is constantly moving because of the motion. So i introduced my seedlings to the system. I made sure ppm is not to high and ph is around 6 (with my really small seedlings I reduced the nutrition in my solution) everything looks good and it seems that after a week all the little guys are happy. Is just that when I test my water the pH has risen to around 7.8 so I adjusted it burt next day it was up there again. And that's pretty much every day. And I don't think it's great the keep adding stuff to adjust it?!? And I dont think that just after a week the nutrition are already gone and that made the ph rise. Specially not with the tiny seedlings... can anyone please help.

Comment